It may feel like there are millions of funeral homes in Langhorne, PA and the rest of the country. With all these choices, how are you supposed to choose the right one for you and your loved ones? Use these tips to help you find the ideal funeral home that matches your funeral plans, ideas, and price range.
Take the following factors into consideration when choosing a funeral home:
- Location – Sometimes the right funeral home isn’t necessarily in your hometown, as funerals often take place in special locations where the deceased wants to be buried or where other family members live.
- Services – Make sure the funeral home you choose offers the services you, your family, and the deceased want. Look into services from burial options like cremation, traditional burial, or green burial to different technologies like online obituaries, digital guest books or live streaming.
- Prices – Funeral home prices vary greatly, and price should be a factor in your decision.
- Independent vs. Corporate- These days, a corporation owns over 20% of funeral homes. Corporate funeral homes generally charge 30% to 40% more for the same funeral services or accessories than privately owned homes, but they can sometimes provide more options than private homes. Veteran Services – If your deceased loved one served, that should be recognized in a special way. Check that the funeral homes you’re looking at offer veteran services if necessary.
- Cultural and Religious Needs – Make sure the funeral home you choose is able to provide you with your cultural and religious funeral needs.
It will never feel like the right time to start looking for a funeral home, but you can save time, stress and even money later on if you start looking now before you need to. Preplanning which funeral home you want will help make sure you aren’t stuck with the easiest or most accessible funeral home when the time comes. You can start preplanning and choosing a funeral home by looking at:
- Price Comparisons – Every funeral home is required by law to have a general list of prices for their offered products and services. As a potential client you have the right to ask for copies of these lists to get a good idea of their prices and how they compare to one another.
- Services Fees – What is included and what is not included in services fees varies greatly from funeral home to funeral home, so double check each option’s fees.
- Adding Funeral Costs to Insurance – Be sure the funeral home you choose can be added to the funeral insurance on your current life insurance policy to help save your family money after you’re gone.
If you’re looking for a Langhorne, PA funeral home, your search might be a bit easier because of J. Allen Hooper Funeral Chapel in Morrisville PA. Located at 41 W Trenton Ave Morrisville, PA 19067, we offer a range of cremation and funeral services. Give us a call today at (215) 295-7725.